Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Next Level

Been upping the training this week and plan to continue next week before my next 10km (Race 3 of Run Auckland).

That and I need to start building up to the half marathon distance for Race 6. This is about 10 weeks away!

A 7.5km "tempo" on Friday (ANZAC day)
A 8.5km on Saturday with some hills.

Taking it to the next level.

Saturday's run was quite interesting. Part of it took in Burnley Terrace. This has plenty of old Edwardian style villas and there are restrictions in place about renovations and the style of housing.

View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

I have recently moved to Mt. Eden and the history of the area is quite fascinating. This site http://www.epna.org.nz/c_history.html has some great photos. 120 years ago I'd be dodging horses on my training run...

No comments: