Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Swim

Made it to the pool yesterday morning and managed 34 non consecutive before a bus of school kids invaded. Even though there was a couple of lanes left open I didn't quite trust the pools chlorine system against any "accidents".

My swimming has dropped off as I haven't been doing it much and it was pretty slow going. Very hard to believe I was actually competitive in my school days.

One goal for 2010 for me is going to be the Auckland Harbour Crossing. This is a 2.8km open water swim across the harbour. It is over a year away so plenty of time to build up. That is going to take me out of my comfort zone...

I have a few more goals to come...

Ann: in answer to your question on my last post re: Marathon. I did a 3:43:00 and was pleased for a first half effort but plenty of room to improve.

No comments: