Saturday, February 27, 2010

Back

Back after a period of relative inactivity, at least on the excercise front. Work still fairly intense but determined to make time to train.

The incidental excercise recieved from cycle commuting has helped kept me sane and the weight has kept about the same around the 85kg mark. In the past when work has got out of control I've become totally sendentary so this is quite positive.

Currently only running once a week which is not really much at all. Normally a group run on Saturday morning with some of the guys from kingsland martial arts, the pace is set to the slowest runner. Today was fairly relaxed but hot 9km around the domain and parnell and in the words my friend J an "ice cream social" pace. Still it was better than nothing.

On the 14th March will be doing Round the Bays with work and then mid April entering a corporate tri (my first): 500m swim, 20km bike, and 5km run. Need to get my A into G and get back to the pool. Not too worried about the bike and the run. Will be rocking it on the hybrid which is slow but not embarrasingly so.

In other fun news am involved in a 10 minutes martial arts demo tomorrow (7:40pm) at the lantern festival. Should be fun. I'll be thinking of ex work colleague N as she is tackling an 100km ultra tomorrow (which is totally mad by the way).

2 comments:

Mike said...

Good to see you back. Which 100k is tomorrow. I was thinking it was the Tarawera but that's end March. I want to do that next year. Wanna join me??? :)

Aaron said...

Shows how bad my work-life balance has been - the ultra in question has been and gone - it was the lake taupo relay on 20th Feb. Looks like N finished in 14 hours and change. Utterly mad.

I'm going to have another crack at the Auckland marathon first before who knows after that :)