Sunday, April 25, 2010

Impossible is Nothing

Took the plunge and entered:



This year I'm aiming for sub 3:30 (from last year's inaugural 3:43 effort). I learned quite a lot during the training such as the importance of the long slow run. I didn't always put things into practice as well as I should have though.

On the plus side its a few months away and time enough to start building up the required base. On the negative side I'm now lumped in with the 35-39 "old timer" group.

Have been really getting back into regular running. The novelty of posting via dailymile is helping the motivation.

This Saturday went for a run along Westhaven with my friend J who is a speedy HM running. Managed to hang on for 8.5km run at 4:25min/km pace, hadn't done that for a while and it was good.

Today was more intentionally more circumspect a slower 17.1km at 5:35min/km pace. A bit of off road stuff along the Hobson Bay shoreline. Somewhat of an obstacle course with the pohutukawa's but a fun little running adventure.



Haven't been back swimming since the shambles in the sprint tri but am going to get to the pool this week. Something I definitely want to get better at.

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Congrats on taking the plunge! I think you have a 3:30 in you for sure.