Monday, August 18, 2008

Stop the rot

Got on the scales this morning with a rude shock 88.4kg. Hells bells. Keep this up and previous observations will be coming home to roost.

I'd say it was wet weather, the flu, and real life getting in the way but in all honesty its just being slack.

So today I went out for the first run in about a month. Plodding along (or it felt like it) - but it was better than expected at 7.63km @ 4:52 min/km. (37:20min). Obviously didn't go crazy on the distance or pace. I got rained on but that wasn't bad - just pleased to be out. Tomorrow I'm going to make time to go out running too - might be an early one!

Did a route in Mt Eden - with a couple of gradual hills.

I'm also kick-starting a core training program today - and will post on that shortly.

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Hells bells. Haven't heard that expression in years.

I'm closing in on your weight. Hopefully I'll close in on your running speed too!

Andrew(ajh) said...

Glad to see you back on the blog and back out running!