Saturday, December 20, 2008

New Shoes : Asics GT-2130

Reading the local paper and saw that Smiths Sports Shoes in Dominion Road, Mt Eden were having a pre Christmas sale and the prices looked good on the specials.

So I headed in and looked for something comparable to my soon to be retired pair - Brooks Adrenaline GTS 8's. The Brooks had served me pretty well logging just over 900km's including a number of races. However I think knee niggles and other aches and pains are a pretty clear sign they are dead.

Thinking about it now I probably should got new shoes a month or so ago - but was a bit weary of breaking them in so close to the ADRA half. Lesson learned though - will start to keep better track of how things are going.

My feet are quite wide and I have moderate over-pronation (apparently normal?) so go for stability shoes.

In the end after trying a couple of comparable pairs on I settled on a pair of Asics GT-2130 on special for $169. Wearing them now in the house and plan to go for a short 5km 'try-them-out' run in the morning. Looking forward to get back into the running! Haven't done a lot this month.

No comments: