Saturday, February 21, 2009

A short midday run and a weigh-in

Thursday saw me go for a run at lunchtime. A bit tight in the calves from Tuesday so didn't go out too hard. Conditions were overcast. From the office I looped around the tank farm, up Jacob's ladder (one step at a time running style - phew!) and then down College Hill and back along Albert Street.

6.44km / 31:11 (4:49min/km)

Half an hour is about the most I can get away with at lunchtime to allow for a shower and change.

Here is a view from the end of the tank farm:



and the route:



In terms of weight here is the last 30 days out of physicsdiet.com. It's going ok now that i'm back in the swing of excercising regularly:



5kg away from my "before marriage" weight of 10 years ago.

Away from home for a week which will be a challenge in terms of healthy eating options. I think the hotel has a gym so hopefully that will help. That and the big hill run I've got planned in Hong Kong :)

I haven't been to Shanghai before and am looking forward to it. Getting the maglev train from the airport to the hotel which is going to be something special.

2 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

The green bits are bigger than the red bits that's the main thing.

Andrew is getting fit said...

I know that route well! Although I've only been crazy enough to do Jacob's ladder the once.

Have a great trip.