Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Vital Signs

Just back from a 5am run this morning. Best time to get out and about with only a few other nutcases pounding the streets :)

7.53km / 35:28 / 4:43 min/km.

Not going crazy with the pace calf felt good today less tightness. Next run scheduled for Thursday and will up the distance a bit more.

Stretch afterwards.

Bruce in answer to your question a while ago yes I've been looking into heart rate monitors for a while and think I have decided on getting a Polar RS100. Seems to be the best fit for what I need. Just need to convince my accountant (aka wife) now...

In terms of vital signs my resting heart rate is 49 bpm but here is my dirty secret - blood pressure 151/83. Those readings of a week ago were mid afternoon but still. The systolic number is pretty high. Diet and excercise is one thing but i suspect work related stress is another. I'm trialing cutting out coffee and trying a few other things. Will try and get another reading in a month or so to see if there is any change.

I wonder if there is any correlation between a relatively low resting heart rate and high systolic blood pressure?

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Convince the accountant you need a GPS as well...