Sunday, August 16, 2009

Week 7/18 Done

Rained most of today. Battled with the idea of going running or staying warm and dry inside. In the end I did the right thing and got out there.

13.19km / 1:04:37 / 4:54min/km

Pretty close to PMP (5min/km) and managed on legs that were a bit cooked from yesterday's long run. All good but feel a bit stuffed now though. Thankfully tomorrow is an easy cross training day.

Summary of the week's running (it's been a pretty big one, well for me anyway)

Tuesday - 6.98km / 35:00 / 5:00min/km
Wednesday - 13.32km / 1:02:27 / 4:41min/km
Thursday - 7.30km / 37:12 / 5:04min/km
Saturday - 26.18km / 2:29:37 / 5:43min/km
Sunday - 13.19km / 1:04:37 / 4:54min/km

Week 8 of the plan is pretty similar really - just a very slight build on mileage for the long run.

This week I think I got the slow pace about right on the long run.

Did quite well on the food front too - made a nice vegetable soup for lunch today. Not to the liking of my (almost) 5 year old though, he opted for peanut butter on toast instead.

What is starting to scare me a little is the marathon is only 2 and a bit months away! Still I'd be even more worried if I hadn't been following a plan.

Here is a promo video from the 2008 event which I thought was pretty cool. It gives some insights into the course and the highlight run over the bridge which I'm looking forward to.

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I remember running behind the hula girls when going up the bridge. Very nice!