Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 Goals

Better sneak this in before the clock strikes midnight.

Running:
- Run a minimum of 40km a week on average
- Have fun doing it. Be smart and listen to my body (no injuries)
- Auckland Marathon 2010 in sub 3:30
- Shoot for a PB in a shorter distance, either a 10km or the half.

Swimming
- Swim at least once a week at the pools or ocean.
- Build up to Auckland Habour Crossing Ocean Swim in 2010.

Cycling
- Continue bike commuting
- Cycle a minimum of say 120km a week (much of this will be in the commute)
- I have just found out that work do a corporate triathlon so that could be something to think about.

Resistance Training
- 3 home workouts a week (Mon/Wed/Fri)
- Complete 100 pushups and 200 situps challenges

Weight
- Get my weight down to 80kg by eating healthy and through excercise

Hapkido
- Sit my 3rd dan grading this year. Quite a lot to this from both a physical and technical point of view. I'm going to blog more about hapkido training next year.

General
- Improve flexibility through stretching. This will benefit both running and hapkido.

I have some thoughts on how better to track these goals throughout the year but that can wait for another post.

2 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Some great goals there mate, some similar to mine - so we can check them off together! The marathon is one I'd like to have on the list, but I decided it would be putting too much pressure on my injuries, but who knows it may get added through the year.
I agree that you need a way of tracking some goals - I even graph some of mine!
Good luck in 2010 - Happy New Year!

Andrew is getting fit said...

It looks like it's going to be a busy 2010!

Best of luck with the goals and I'm looking forward to seeing how you will track them.