Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day

Merry Christmas! Christmas lunch yesterday was a typical family get together with all to much eating really. Most memorable dish was a fruit salad with plenty of blueberries and raspberries. Yum!

This morning went on a bike ride for my sins. Lots of people out running and cycling this morning. Almost as many as during peak marathon training season.

My ride was a massive Tiki Tour round Cornwall park, Auckland Domain, Tamaki Drive, Achilles Point, Parnell (via Gladstone Road past the Rose Gardens), back through Domain, Mt Eden and then home. Hardly any cars about so it was nice.

48.1km @ average speed of 24.9km/hr. Interesting I could hold about 32km/hr along the flats easily enough but the hills kill the pace with my heavy bike.

Feel much better for it. Might even try and get out for a small run this evening.

Going to be really hot today...today's mission is to find a kick board and teaching my 5 year old how to swim.

1 comment:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Merry Christmas Aaron - I had a nice bike ride today too!